Wednesday, September 4, 2013

This is a post about rocks

I've always loved rocks and minerals, for as long as I can remember I've wanted to find a fossil. After taking geology a few semesters back I know more than I ever thought I would and can identify rocks and minerals just out and about in the wild. If rocks live in the wild?
 And there's a mineral and rock shop less than 3 miles from my house. I went there for the first time today, it's great. Hello new favorite store, plus they have all this fantastic vintage silver and turquoise jewelry.  
 For the first time in my life I bought a geode. 

 They had grab bags and I mean how could I not? Plus look at the coolness that was inside, and how pretty that necklace is. 
 I made this collage necklace from specimen I bought at a local farmers market, they were supposedly all "local" specimen, but when I pointed out the actual location some of these came from, the price mysteriously dropped. I also bought a few of these from the Natural History museum in Denver. 

 When I took geology I had to buy this entire kit of minerals, rocks, and all the testing supplies. After the class was over I needed to do something with them all and I had this display bell jar. I had been holding on to display for literally years, not totally sure what to do with it but refusing to let it go.  I just glued them in there and sealed the jar down.
Everything in this picture was purchased from various thrift stores over the years. 

No comments:

Post a Comment