Friday, May 17, 2013

A Blue Snow Globe of Emotion

Actually it was an interactive exhibit called "Walking in Blue Venus Cave" by Ernesto Neto   and it's kind of the coolest thing I've ever seen. Since discovering how amazing and totally worth it museum memberships are I've joined 2 and I go seriously all the time. (I've been to the planetarium 3 times in roughly a week to see the same feature twice) Anyways, I've been waiting for this exhibit at the art museum to open since they've been installing it. Wondering and hoping of what it could be, going every few weeks to see the progress and the areas that had already been opened.  It was worth the wait, lemme tell you.. DAM has really mastered the interactive areas with this newest museum wide installation SPUN: Adventures in Textiles, but I'm kind of partial towards textiles. 


So what is it?
Remember those infomercials for the Sobakawa Cloud pillow? It was that micro synthetic air puffed Styrofoam...thing...am I making this sound appealing? This is an entire room of that pillow, and blue lighting. It's over whelming. It's engrossing. It's almost two much.




All we do is fun things.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment