Wednesday, January 16, 2013

DIY Cowboy Boot Reconstruction

These have been popping up everywhere, for a while, I'm a little behind. I really couldn't decide if I liked them or not. But I haven't worn these boots in a while so I figured why the hell not, let's make them fancy. And because, prices for custom reconstructed boots are crazy. These cost me nothing, I just have this stuff laying around.
 Original boots I got for Christmas last year. And I loved them but I maybe only wore them a few times.
Hi, do you hate your hands? Try resewing cowboy boots by hand. I used doilies, belts, and fabric scraps I had around to make these. I'm pretty happy with how they turned out. And to my brother who told me when enough was enough. 
Cause, why not.
 


2 comments:

  1. Hey Meg! Love these boots... it's crazy how people are paying so much for something so simple. I made myself a pair a while back and they look cool but I just can't get them to look right with any outfit. Guess I am over thinking it! PS again... I wish I had your hair. I love the length and the color.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girl, I went back and read your tutorials on boot recon for inspiration! I wore mine with those tights and then just a black tank dress. I'll probably wear them with cut offs this summer.
      And thank you! This is the longest and none fucked with it's ever been! I was actually told by someone a few weeks ago that this is the shortest it should ever be.

      Delete