Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Dinosaur Army Men Lamp restyle DIY

I've seen a few of these lamps around the internet lately and they were crazy expensive. I was like psssh I can make that. 
 I found this lamp in my basement, I already had the spray paint. I had to buy glue sticks, the toys, and the new lamp shade. It cost like $20 all together. 
 I was afraid I wouldn't have enough of either and they literally only had 1 package of each. 

 Matte spray paint, canned coffee. Do this outside. 

 Just do a layer of paint, wait about 20 and flip over to paint the other side. 
 Then all I did was start piling them on with no real pattern or order. 
After I figured it was enough I took a blow dryer to melt away all those flyaway strands of glue from the glue gun. Switched out the shade and there you go. I'm pretty pleased with myself. 

2 comments:

  1. simply fantastic!! :) I want it in lime green or hot pink!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am kid of regretting not doing it in a different, brighter color.

      Delete