Tuesday, October 16, 2012

eh, this kind of works

So we've all seen a million projects on pinterest and had all these high hopes and expectations. That's crap, they're mostly crap. You just can't trust images on the internet anymore, photoshop is just too tricky.
So that project that looks amazing and beautiful with the white crayons? Well it works but that picture is bullshit. I used high quality water colors. I used high quality paper. I've done stuff like this before and following the exact instructions gave me these results. 
 And hello it's really hard to write sentences in white crayon when you can't see what you just wrote. 

Use glue instead of crayons. It's a lot more effective and is completely water resistant when it dries. The crayon tends to get over saturated and get covered up. 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Megan, I don't know what result you were looking for, but it sounds like you need something called "liquid paint mask fluid" It's a grey stinky fluid that you can draw with and when it dried up, you can paint over it. And when your paint is dry you can rub the mask fluid of with a clean eraser... you can get beautiful layer effects with that tool.
    kind of like photoshop ;)
    x, Rosi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the advice. I'm not sure what I was expecting either I jsut saw this amazing photo on pinterest and knew it was too good to be true with just watercolors and crayons.

    ReplyDelete