Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Clorox Bleach is my BFF (almost DIY)

But that goes without saying right? Here's how I make my shirts
Start with some bleach and a ratty shirt. I prefer to use the Clorox Bleach Pen, it's more of a gel so you have more control over the amount used, design, and bleeding. 
Depending on the design I just free hand the letters. If you're doing something more intricate use chalk. It works wonders, is easy to use, and washes off completely. And if you're working outside you then get to draw all over the sidewalk, bonus fun.
I chose the Timothy Leary quote, "Tune in, turn on, drop out" which yes, is about acid. No I don't do drugs but I can't help what I am. 
Now you kind of have to babysit this for a while. Too long and it will eat through, or bleed too far out. It only takes around 20-30 mins to get a good thing going. And then rinse it out in warm water and add more holes, if you want. I don't think your clothes can ever have too many holes personally but whatever. 
The lighting is bad, you can't really seethe whole shirt and my hair was wet. OH WELL. This shirt is actually more of  dress, 'er well, it's actually more of rag. It's almost too full of slits and holes to wear in real life, so I normally only wear things like this out at night. Seriously, the while right side of it is held together by like, and inch of fabric. But all my rib tattoos are on that side so I'm ok with that. And it's green again, just to mess with my boyfriend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment