Monday, June 25, 2012

Child, please

Want to know a secret? Well ok, it's not really a secret because I'm pretty open and loud about it but, I pretty much only watch cartoons. Yes, yes, there are some reality shows in there, and epic drama like Mad Men and of course, The Walking Dead, but mostly just cartoons. To be even more specific than that, mostly Cartoon Network shows. I've actually had like real life, in depth conversations on how which cartoon channel you watched as a child really determines your personality for the future. It's a theory I have. Well, I lived in Germany during the crucial personality shaping years of my life and the only American cartoon channel we had was Cartoon Network. It was awesome. I'm just going to take a minute and share a few of my favorites. 
I literally wish more than anything in the world this was still on. I fricken love this show. So much so that I'm ordering it on DVD. 
LSP is my favorite...these lumps, you know you wanna slump up on these lumps, you know you really wanna...
Ok, Regular show actually took awhile for me to warm up to. At first I thought it was terrible until I heard this line "How the H are we gonna fix this S?!" Genius, I love it. 
Ah yes, another one gone too soon. 

The best thing Cartoon Network ever did was come up with AdultSwim. If they had their own channel, I'd watch is all the time, it's just the right kind of humor. And they rerun King of the Hill, awe-some. 
I used to date a boy who looks just like Nathan Explosion. 
This is the greatest show of all time and Brendan Small can do no wrong (fun fact time! Small also created and writes Metalocalypse, including all the metal.) Sadly, they no longer run this show, not even at 6:00am like they used to. But luckily you can watch full episodes on the App and website .

I know this is a little different from what I normally write about but I felt like sharing. And I'm really excited to get that Flapjack DVD. 

No comments:

Post a Comment