Saturday, May 26, 2012

DIY Floral Crown

Toady I'm going to show you how to make the easiest thing in the world to make, a floral crown. They're cute, whimsy, seasonally appropriate, and if you use real flowers like I did, delicate and green. And also, As I mentioned yesterday I am broke. These flowers were some that my sister bought me for Mother's Day and they were about to die.
You will need-
Flowers
Scissors
Needle and Thread
Firstly, cut off all the stems to your flowers at the base. 
Secondly, push your needle and thread through (I seem to have forgotten 9th grade biology class) this green basey part of the flowers. 
Third, just keep stringing them on there. These are flowers so don't smush them all together or you'll damage them. Slide them down until the petals are touching. 
When you reach the size you want, tie off the ends.
Ta-Da! Floral Crown
Now you can be a princess for the day.

 To be safe I made mine a little smaller than my head. I didn't want to worry about it slipping down all day. This is also why I'm calling it a crown and not a headband. 



No comments:

Post a Comment