Wednesday, May 23, 2012

2 DIY Restyles

First off, let me apologize for these pictures. They're a little wonky looking, or well, I'm a little wonky looking. I just couldn't seem to take a good picture today and these are the best of the weird bunch, 
By now I think you know I can 't buy something without changing it up a little. I got this shirt for like $9 at UO and yes it fits well but, I don't wear shirts with sleeves. I hate them. 
!!!!!SURPRISE BOOBS!!!!
So take your shirt and lay it out flat, and maybe you know, use a flat surface and not just a blanket you threw over your unmade bed. 
Find the center, pinch the side, cut at an angle. Yay! Now you have a Hi/Low crop top and you can stop there.
or
OR
Also cut off the sleeves. When cutting sleeves, cut them at an angle, it's a little more flattering.
Hey guess, what?
Now you're done...now take absurd photos of yourself in your new shirt. 
Have I memntioned I'm not really from Colorado but actually Georgia? Oh I have? OK, sorry. What's that? You like my shorts?
These were a $3 pair of jeans, cut off into shorts and bleach splattered...but wait...there's an extra surprise
I also ripped off half the back pocket and studded the underneath!! I love them. This was so super easy to do once I had the studs. I took a pair of needle nose pliers and really rounded in the edges so no, they don't hurt to sit in. After the studs were in I added the bleach. I also though about dying them lime green but I was like no no that's too much. Really, that just means another future post on lime green shorts.
If you're going to do this, be sure you resew down where the flap meets the shorts or it will just keep ripping  down. Yes, that's a glamorous Coke tab tattoo.
xo












2 comments:

  1. You should do a post on all your tattoos I feel like I see a new one every time you post! Awesome diy! I love your handmade wardrobe. Been trying the rip and tie thing and well its kinda working for me. I really want to do those flag shorts. You definitely know how to make things cute!:D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so funny you say that, I've actually been thinking about doing a post on them soon. I learned to do the rip and tie thing from YouTube video lol.

      Delete