Tuesday, April 17, 2012

We the free.

I mentioned a few posts back that I was working on some bomb American flag shorts for summer.
Well they're done, and they're awesome.
These were super super  easy to make and they only part I actually had to buy was the spray dye. By the way, if you're trying these out for yourself, go with spray dye, you have soooo much more control over the process. The only thing I'm even slightly disappointed with is that they almost totally rejected the bleaching process. I wanted the front to be way more white and black and these shorts were just not having it.  
Oh, and I whipped this up this morning while watching Law and Order SVU.
See how to make your own Free People festival flag here.

Oh and remember how I was all excited because my laptop was finally working again? Yeah, I spilled water on it the next day during an experiment. In the words of Kyle "How do you spell idiot? M-E-G-A-N." Yeah, so that's dead now. And that's why I didn't get to post the past couple of days, I was in mourning.




2 comments:

  1. I love your shorts... been really wanting to make some for myself! That flag is super cute!! Love it all! Thanks for the inspiration Megan!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'm in love with these shorts and am dreaming up other ideas as we speak.

      Delete