Friday, August 19, 2011

Garage Sale Score

Normally I don't do garage sales, I find that it's normally more effort with less pay off than just going to a well stocked or lager thrift store. But this morning after I was done running my three siblings around and was on the way home I saw one in our neighborhood and I thought "ok sure why not".
I was so happy I did!


First I saw these in a box and I thought they were those fake books that are just boxes or even worse nothing and people just have them to look smart so I was surprised to see they weren't. I bought Alice's Adventures in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll (duh, right), Paradise Lost by John Milton and The Essays of Ralph Waldo Emerson for just a dollar each. For classics? Hardbacks? that's a pretty amazing deal. I should have bought the rest of them on principle alone.

While I was paying for the books I saw this and obviously, had to have it. It wasn't until I got in the car did I realize that I hadn't even checked to see if all three were there or what kind of condition they were in or anything, I just saw them a grabbed them.
Guess what.
They had never even been opened, they are a completely brand new never been used set of vintage Pyrex bowls, score!!!! And even better they were only $3.
That's more then the last one I bought by it's self at the thrift store.

I might start giving garage sales more of a chance after this.

No comments:

Post a Comment