Monday, May 2, 2011

Let's all dye

So I've done my fair share of tye-dying in my day, I used to have green and teal dye-dyed sheets, I'm pretty familiar with it. But I'm always looking for new ways to do new things so when I saw project post over on HonestlyWTF I really wanted to give it a shot. Luckily my mom needed me to do a shirt for her for field day at the school she works at, so here it goes.
Arashi, a pole wrapping technique, next time I do this I'm going to use a thicker, smaller pole, but this was all I could find.
Kumo, a technique that involves found objects, I used rocks from the backyard.
And the basic spiral I did for my mom

The only thing is I wish I had left them in the dye longer, it said to leave them in there about an hour but I was worried about the fabric just all turning blue. I won't do this next time. And that's probably one of the best spirals I've ever done.



And now I look like I'm turning in to a blueberry a la Violet Beauregard.
Side not, those are tattoos not like gnarly bruises and a g-string, just so you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment