Saturday, April 30, 2011

Crystals Like Meth?

No, but the house behind my parents looks like they might have some.
On Thursday I went to the Denver Museum of Science and Nature with my grandparents and Abbey, and go ta little carried away in the gift shop on the way out. I bought a Crystal Growing Kit for some reason but I will say it's kind of cool to see it working.
They had three different packaging styles and I went with the one that looked the most official and was the most expensive, now I know I could have just bought the $5 bag of solution. All the was in the box was a Popsicle stick they called a "stirring rod"...
This is what it started as...
Seriously who leaves this much in the drawer? Just throw it away, honestly people.

Mixed with water, poured over a rock, covered with foil, room temp, don't move...
12hrs later
24 hours later
48 hrs later, that's today, duh

It says it's going to keep growing for five more days then I'm supposed to take it out and boil down the liquid and lone crystals till it's powder again and I can just keep growing them. I'm not going to do that. I'm already kind of in trouble for ruining a Tupperware bowl. I am going to keep updating the growth process though, it's more interesting to see the results in photos then hour by hour in person.
I really want to find a Magic Garden somewhere.
If you click the link, you'll see how cheap it is and wonder why I'm not just getting it there. It's because I've gotten a bit carried away and already have six packages coming this way. But BUT two of them are AMAZING vintage Star Wars things that I bought for Dustin, he's going to love them.
Another one is a vintage photo album that I had to have because it was super cheap and it will hold my Polaroid Instant pictures from the upcoming summer perfectly, and it had deer on it which I love.

No comments:

Post a Comment