Friday, April 22, 2011

The Black Apple's Paperdoll Primer

I saw this book hundreds of times and I jut kept thinking "what the hell am I going to do with paper dolls?" Then I went shopping with my mom and sister the day after Christmas and it was $5 at Urban Outfitters (I was 9 months pregnant at the time, it's not like I was shopping for clothes) and just kind of thought oh what the hell I'll take it. So I got home and spent the next few days sitting on the floor cutting gout all the adorable dolls and clothes still not sure what I was going to do. Flipping through the section of the book on ideas and other things you can do it hit me, the next day I went to Goodwill and bought all the frames I could get my hands on the result was this...
which resulted in my living room looking like this...
Then a few months later I added this last one, I feel like it kind of explains what's going on...
The backgrounds on the collage are all wrapping paper from Anthropologie, but these two are fabric from Fancy Tiger...
One of the actual projects I did do from the book was this family portrait type thing. There are customizable dolls in the book which wold have looked more like us but Dustin insisted he get to be the pre-made one with the banjo, so he screwed everything up.
I do still have a box full of these at home, so I'll just give them to Abbey when she get s old enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment